Weddings and Wellbeing
Bay View House is without doubt, one of the most idyllic boutique wedding venues in Ireland, catering for up to 60 guests in our panoramic setting overlooking Clew Bay. The in-house bar and function area is decorated in a Clare Island Whiskey and coastal theme with a traditional Irish bar, snug with open fireplace and outdoor terrace and canopy. The bar and function area is complemented by beautiful break-out spaces in the front lounge and dining room all of which offer wonderful choices for drinks receptions, ceremonies and more. We cater for a limited number of weddings per year.
- Suitable for weddings of 60 adults or less. Additional children catered for.
- We recommend a Friday wedding with a relaxing BBQ and activity on Saturday. Check out on Sunday.
- Licensed for civil wedding ceremonies
- Event space for meal and dance floor
- Outside covered terrace
- Additional mobile 6x3m tent available for beach weddings ceremony
- Full catering service available
- Full public bar license available
Please note we do not offer a wedding planning service. We can provide you with a wedding planning template for a suggested wedding day, showing program and actions covering all relevant areas from ferry access, accommodation, entertainment, ceremony options, drink reception options, next- day options for food and activities and much more. Please email us for more information.
Contact us for
- Wedding plan template
- Contact list for accommodation providers, ferry operator, hair and beauty specialists, civil celebrants, Westport Church (administrator for Clare Island Church), florists, musicians etc.
Please note, Bay View House accepts NO responsibility for any specialists on this list. The named specialists have provided services at Bay View House previously. They are aware of the special conditions attached to an island wedding.
- Photo album of previous weddings
- Weddings cost calculator
- Menu options including canapés.
Wellness Retreats and Meditation Workshops
Clare Island is a Haven of peace and tranquillity
Walk to oversee the majesty of Clew Bay from the top of our 1500 feet Knockmore Mountain. Visit secluded piers and beaches for nude swimming and outdoors classes. The wild Atlantic at your fingertips. Its bounty laid bare before you. There is simply no where better to unravel, unwind & reboot.
Bay View House offers a large floor space in our entertainment room which opens out onto the large, covered veranda. The setting is spectacular. Almost like being on a ship at sea, the view from all windows is of the sea with its marine & bird life covering the canvas. The landscape in the distance is of Croagh Patrick, the Connemara Mountains and Clew Bay.
Bay View House can provide full catering options for your stay if required. Prices are based on choices so please contact us for more information.